Sunday, November 26, 2006

To leave or not to leave!

I just had an argument with my mother, about 2 seconds ago. Not exactly an argument. My younger brother in Canada is depressed because he is living alone and the studies are really hard. I was trying to console her but without much success. A real dilemma it turns out to be , to leave or not to leave!! He left and he's having a hard time, I'm here and I've had a hard time for the last 8 years!

I can't stand it in this country because after 8 years of serious hard dedicated work studying medicine I don't find a satisfactory return. For a starter I have a basic salary about 180 LE/30$ per month!! Thats the salary provided by the government when you enroll on the official pay-roll. Of course most doctors work in the private sector at the same time so they can start becoming at least independent.


I'l explain later why I was traumatized by the health care system in Egypt.

No comments: