Saturday, November 25, 2006

Going to the new world

In less than a week I will be going to the USA for the second time in my life. The last time was about 25 years and 7 months 28 days ago when I was born! Just born , perhaps for the sole purpose of getting the US citizenship to go back there some day. Who new that Hosni Mubarak would remain in power for the next 25 years( he went into power 8 months after I was born.... man this guy is ancient!), and that he would probably keep the country just the same..... a repellant to all the educated minds of its own. I don't have a single friend who can leave and doesn't want to leave...actually there is one , but he's depressed now :P .... no really he is, he recently thought of changing his career, which is probably what I would would do if I stayed here....

2 comments:

ISIS said...

I could leave if I want to... I don't want to because "elly hayemshi 3albaladi yemshi 3alaya". If we don't need Egypt, it needs us. I refuse to leave it to them, its not like I'd be able to change anything alone keda zay el 3abeeta, but if I ever have the honor of contributing, dameery hayerta7. Anyways, there is little opportunity for success here, I respect your decision and wish u the best of luck. Just wanted to tell u about me, someone who can leave and doesn't want to.

Phobos said...

I wish I could figure out why you love Egypt Isis! Maybe because your life was centered perhaps on what might seem like a personal problem. You came through and now you have a wonderful sense of achievement. I on the other hand don't want to leave either, but I am just exhausted, .... thats the stage that follows anger and fury, etc. .... Anyways I'm still trying, thats why I'm writing this blog :).

By the way , I'm hoping to become an addiction psychiatrist in the near future :P.